DropMyRights

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Okanagan, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okanagan

Okanagan Registered Member

Is this program recommended?
    What are your comments?
    Thank you.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. zhanwest

zhanwest Registered Member

very well
    but i suggest to login as limited user always
    it is safer than dropmyrights

4. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

IMO, this is a fantastic program.After downloading DMR to your program files, you simply create an additional desktop shortcut,for every program ,you want to use with limited rights.For example the targets for thunderbird,firefox and IE are

"C:\Program Files\DropMyRights\DropMyRights.exe" "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe"

"C:\Program Files\DropMyRights\DropMyRights.exe" "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

"C:\Program Files\DropMyRights\DropMyRights.exe" "C:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe"

You can copy and paste these when creating new shortcuts,also in the properties of the shortcut,where it says 'run' choose minimized.

5. mmiranda

mmiranda Registered Member

I use Drop My Rights (DMR) for all internet-accessing programs and have no problem with it. I haven't encountered any conflicts (yet).

It doesn't run in realtime (sucking up resources and delaying context menus) and just runs when loading a program. Nothing stays in memory all the time.

I use Firefox, and whenever I install a new extension, that is the only time you have to restart Firefox directly (not through DMR) to install the new extension. Once installed, I close Firefox and load it again through the DMR shortcut.

6. Okanagan

Okanagan Registered Member

Thank you all for your input.
    I guess, I'll go for it.

7. Xenophobe

Xenophobe Registered Member

You can also create a icon to DropMyRights on your desktop, then drag and drop a file onto it to run it without admin rights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.