DriveSentry's new incarnation

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Gobbler, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

:rolleyes: is this 64-bit compatible?

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

3. DriveSentry

DriveSentry Registered Member

Hello,

DriveSentry is NOT charging customers who have purchased DriveSentry SecuritySuite in the past to upgrade to DriveSentry ProtectionPLUS.

If you are an existing DriveSentry SecuritySuite customer and wish to upgrade free of charge then please contact support@drivesentryplus.com where you will given assistance to upgrade to DriveSentry ProtectionPLUS.

If anyone has any grievances with DriveSentry you can also contact me directly (support@drivesentryplus.com). I will deal with all queries on a case by case basis in a prompt and fair manner.

Kind Regards,

Gary

PS, for the record I won’t be posting a personal profile picture as my avatar :rolleyes:

4. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

How about disclosing some info publicly pertaining to the sudden disappearance of DriveSentry and now a quiet reappearance? DriveSentry's name has been tarnished to say the least but I was fortunately not affected your company's actions. However, several users here were livid over the so-called "lifetime license" issue.

P.S. Feel free to use Katie's avatar. ;)

5. gery

gery Registered Member

P.S. Feel free to use Katie's avatar. ;)[/QUOTE]

lol that is a good advice
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

6. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Katie's avatar?

whats good about it?

7. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

:thumb:
    True..!!! But its good that they are trying to recover their sunk reputation, lets see....:ninja:

8. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

As a purchaser of the original desktop edition , i personally feel that the company has twisted its licencing policy over and over.First they implied that purchasers of the desktop edition would have lifetime licence which included updates and upgrades.They then brought out the security suite ,discontinued the desktop version and offered "upgrade" to the suite for desktop users for a price.They then twisted the original licence agreement and said the lifetime licence only meant for the signature updates and lifetime upgrades meant only for version numbers.
    http://forum.drivesentry.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=297
    The now have a "new" product that they charge anually for the signature updates.
    http://www.drivesentry.com/en/products/protection-plus/drivesentry-features.html
    Im sorry ,but drivesentrys recent post doesnt cut the mustard for me.
    ellison

9. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Assuming you,ve correctly quoted the drivesentry url in your post 25 of this thread
    Licensing

Single user license (electronic download) for 1 x desktop PC and 1 x removable storage device.

Lifetime license for signature updates, FREE updates to current version 1.X.

http://drivesentryplus.com/en/features.htm
    (which now shows a 404 not found)Ive noticed the licencing has changed in the 2 months since your post :rolleyes:
    http://www.drivesentry.com/en/products/protection-plus/drivesentry-features.html
    Doesnt fill you with confidence does it?
    ellison

10. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Hmmmm... For me, it is OK when a vendor decides to change their licensing policy from lifetime licenses to time- or version-limited ones, provided that it only affects the new customers.

Doing this retroactively is something I would consider a breach of contract. Circumventing this issue by "abandoning" the product via renaming it or similar tricks does not really change the point here.

11. SweX

SweX Registered Member

You can look at it, and get a funny feeling in your body :rolleyes:

12. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Whenever lifetime-licensing policy changes to a time/version-limited one, vendors lose their credibility! :thumbd:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  13. toad258

toad258 Registered Member

I can understand vendors offering lifetime licenses in the beginning to jump start the business, but when they change it they should keep the license lifetime for older customers. Customer id. 31 here, was one of the first thanks to Wilders. :)

For now it is unclear because I can't find any expiration date in my copy of drivesentry plus.

yesterday I contacted Gary and a few hours later I got my new activation codes for both desktop and goanywhere, they use the same installer.

It is running nicely and I notice no slowdowns, the gui looks the same as the old version so I am not sure what changed.

Lets hope they get things back ontrack and be nice to us older customers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.