driver remain after copy/update

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Huupi, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

hello,Just uninstalled PD 2008 with the copy/uopdate action from external archive,normally this way it uninstall perfectly,done this many times,the perfect uninstaller,but.................after looking in wd 32 drivers folder there is still the PerfectDisk RSS.sys Raxco driver,very suprised as i always thought that and as evidenced by earlier experiences that everything is replaced,removed in terms of differences as compared to the archived snapshot,but these driver is not removed and survived the copy/update,how is this possible ??.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

That may be the driver for the RSS snapshot system of FDISR. I bet PD doesn't use that, as it probably uses Microsofts Defrag API

Pete

3. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

I gues you got it right,what confused me is that i have my packages from Software Pursuits [BootBack]and expected no mention of Raxco in the driver namings,so i guess Raxco licenced their driver to Software Pursuits without renaming it.

As i read it from Sysinternals Autoruns RSS.sys belongs to Raxco ; ISRservice belongs to SoftWare Pursuits but both come from the SoftWare Pursuits package,hence my conclusion earlier made.

Basically i don't know why it is this way cause Leapfrogg is the final provider,something to do with business behind the screens ?

Quite disturbing !!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  4. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Peter you are correct, the RSS.SYS is part of the ISR product. PerfectDisk does not use it. RSS is a open file technology drive (like MS VSS) that we use for Windows 2000 systems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.