Driver availablility from OS Selector partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by caunt, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caunt

caunt Guest

Hi all,
    I have an old tabletPC that only boots from HD (bios limitation). It also has no built-in keyboard or mouse...(it requires a stylus driver to use the mouse) and no optical drive. It does have a usb port where I can attatch a Keyboard/mouse if necessary before boot, and it does have a pcmcia slot.

This makes new OS installations rather tricky.

Does the OS Selector initial boot environment contain the drivers necessary for adaptors in the PCMCIA slot? I have a pcmcia-to-ide adaptor with dos drivers coming which allows me to attatch ide devices (harddrive, optical drive). Will I be able to install new OS's from the pcmcia attatched drives directly from the initial boot environment?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello caunt,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Management Software.

Acronis OS Selector supports only CD drives and floppy disks to recognize installation packages. The CD drive should support standart ATAPI driver to be seen. In your case you should try the trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 to see if it works for you since as you said your adaptor is coming with DOS drivers and could be seen by Acronis OS Selector.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.