driveimage xml and FDISR both using VSS, conflict?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Horus37, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

I was wondering if I should not use drive image xml as it uses vss as it's primary way of imaging. Since shadow protect uses VSS and FDISR uses VSS and peter switched to using RSS would it be better to switch making my snapshots with RSS instead to avoid any problems or was it something specific and not just a conflict with 2 programs in general trying to use VSS at different times?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Horus

You can use RSS. The fix is in relative to the VSS conflict with ShadowProtect. if you are comfortable with messing with permissions, etc in XP Pro, you might email Raxco and see if you can get those files.

Pete

3. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

In more general terms then, if two programs need to use VSS at different times such as the combo I was talking about (FDISR and driveimage XML) I don't know of any conflicts unless there is an FDISR problem with any OTHER program trying to use VSS if that is the default imaging system too. Was it something specific with shadow protect or is this a general conflict because only one program is to use VSS ?

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The problem wasn't with Shadow Protect. They were starting and using VSS per MS specs. There obvious was some problem with the implementation of VSS in FDISR, that the developers were able to resolve. Only way to see if there is a conflict with out the fix is to test it.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.