Drive Snapshot - backup script

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by pizzaplease, Jul 30, 2019.

1. pizzaplease

pizzaplease Registered Member

I'm testing Drive Snapshot and what got me really interested was this script:

https://github.com/pcanterino/dsmonrot

However, I've got a problem. I try to interrupt the script (close the PowerShell window while creating the backup) the backup script stops, it's normal. When I try to rerun the script, it closes itself and it can't do the full backup again, because the backup files still exist in my backup folder. It only works when I manually delete them. It doesn't replace the failed files with new ones.

How to configure this script to delete unsuccessful full backup files and create the new one, of course in the same folder. This way I can be sure that backup is created every time I run it.

The error occurred because it can't do the differential backup because of the wrong hash file and the backup file because I cancelled making the backup. What I want is that the script (if cancelled) should do the process again (delete wrong files and start the backup again)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.