Drive Sentry vs. Malware Defender for HIPS

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Boost, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Currently,I'm using Drive Sentry for HIPS but also have Malware Defender registered that I could use :D

Whats listed in my combo,I'm tryin to decide what to use between these 2 programs,which one and why,lets hear it :p

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Malware Defender's development is faster than DriveSentry's plus Malware Defender can be more configurable to protect more critical areas of the system,MalWare Defeder has network protection and Drivesentry hasnt yet:D
    Malware defender fully protect file,application,registry and your network in real time againts all types of malware without any signiture without any problems,plus is fast,drivesentry is also fast,i think the protection provided by malware defender covers more protection:thumb: own experience malware defender is better at blocking malware(own testing)but drivesentry is also very good at detecting malware too:thumb: that will also depend on you compare them and you be the judge in my case i prefered malware defender for alot of reason:)

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

MD is definitely a more thorough HIPS, but DS has ease of use on its side.

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

plus virus defenition;)

5. firzen771

yes forgot to add that :p

6. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

I use DriveSentry for 3 reasons (stated above too)

1) Ease of use
    2) No system slowdown whatsoever
    3) Tested hundreds of samples of malware and not a single time has DriveSentry failed me.

Boost, do me a favor...

Remove internet explorer under the access tab in DS. "Allow and Remember" events on a case by case basis. Then go to a site that attempts a drive-by-download and see how DS reacts. This should give you some idea of how powerful an app DS really is.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

for all i tested MD and Comodo D+ are the best hips base on my own test and taste:)

8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

DriveSentry is also good and free;) if you are broke and dont want to buy a hips with antivirus/antispyware drive sentry is a good choice:)

9. firzen771

pretty sure everybody already knows comodo is free, its pretty crystal clear of what CIS is on these forums...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.