Drive not clickable

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by dkalcock, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkalcock

dkalcock Registered Member

I have been using drive backup for over a year with great success on XP. I have recently upgraded to a new PC that uses Windows 7. I have installed Paragon drive backup without a problem and have created a recovery DVD, no problem. But when I try to run the backup wizard my drives are shown in light shading rather than dark and they are not clilckable to select. Hence I can't make a backup. Please can someone tell me what my problem is.

2. dkalcock

dkalcock Registered Member

Some may be interested to know that I've solved my own problem. The issue was caused because I added a partition to the internal drive on my new laptop in order to keep my data files separate from the rest of the stuff. But it had already got 4 partitions and (apparently) if you go above 4 you end up with a dynamic drive rather than a "simple" one. Paragon backup can't read dynamic drives. So, I removed the new partition, went back to simple form and bingo, everything works.

Hours of entertainment!:doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.