Drive letters

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by slavko, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slavko

slavko Registered Member

I am Acronis user many years from version 6 forward. When will be the problem with changing Drive letter in dos mode away. Let me explain. If I make an image or restore under the windows my drive letter of first disk is "C", but when I go to restore when PC restart then my drive letter of first disk is "E". From all version till today this problem persist. The second problem is USB mouse. I have Logitech Cordless Keyboard with Mx700 Cordless Optical Mouse. Again when I am in restore mode in DOS I can move mouse only Up and Down, I have big problem moving mouse left and right. When I try other imagine software like Ghost, Paragon, Shadow Protect...they Don't have problem with changing drive letter, and they also Don't have a problem with my mouse.

Regards from Slovenia,
    Slavko Raspotnik

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello slavko,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that disk letters in standalone Acronis True Image 9.0 Home might sometimes differ from the way Windows identifies drives. This is because Acronis Bootable Rescue CD contains a Linux kernel and Linux has its own rules of drive naming. For example, the D: drive identified in the standalone Acronis True Image might correspond to the E: drive in Windows. So, we may recommend you to name/label your partitions in order to avoid confusion.

As for the issue with USB mouse please first of all, please make sure that Acronis True Image Bootable CD is created with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists, please try booting with "usbmouse=off" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue still persists, create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected file and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.