Drive Copy 9 problems

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by jbcbussoft, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbcbussoft

jbcbussoft Registered Member

I have a server running Windows Server 2003 SBS. There was a mirror setup with 2 80gb sata drives. One of the drives had failed. Instead of going back with an 80 we are going back larger. I used drive copy to make a copy of the working drive. I removed the the mirrored drive. I checked the copy and it boots. I installed the two new drives and created the mirror. I added the copy to the system and copied the drive to the new mirror and told it to auto expand. When it finishes and I try to boot from the Raid1 mirror all that happens is the windows server 2003 splash screen sits there and doesn't go away. I have let it sit for about 10 minutes. Any ideas?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Unless I misunderstood - you effectively have the same copy on both drives ?

I haven't tried what you are doing, but I think you have two drives with the same Disk Signature.

Presumably each will boot if the other is disconnected?

3. jbcbussoft

No, unfortunately they do the same. Windows Server 2003 and the progress indicator just goes round and round.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

What happens if you break the mirror setup., then see if each boots with other disconnected ?

If it does, then try changing the drive sig on one before setting up the mirror.

Could that be it?

I may be way off.

5. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Last Known Good Configuration in the F8 menu is worth a try.

6. jbcbussoft

I finally copied to the 320g drive, booted from it, changed it to dynamic, installed the second 320g drive, and created a mirror through disk management in windows. The system had to returned this morning. I can visit this again at a later date. I was just out of time.

7. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Thanks for the update. Glad it is working for you now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.