Drive and Files have disappeared!

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Vern Ola, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vern Ola

Vern Ola Registered Member

Hi,
    I just used Paragon Hard Disk Manager™ 2010 Suite to back up data off of my laptop to a Seagate FreeAgent 750 USB external HDD. Then I connected the drive to my desktop to verify the data was there and transfer some of the data to the desktop with the restore feature.
    During the restore process I got an error. After the process, viewing the log file revealed this error information:
    Code: 562 (0x232)
    Virtual: 0 (0x0)
    Error: 2097172 (0x200014)
    Specified file or folder does not exist

The USB drive also contained other data. After the restore, I opened windows explorer to view the newly transferred data on the desktop, and it was there.
    Then, I went to look at my USB drive, and it was not there. Not recognized by windows. I opened Paragon, and looked at the drive in the Volume Explorer and all the data is there. Anybody have any idea what is going on? How to get my drive working in windows again?
    Thanks,
    Allan

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

See if this helps:

Look in Windows Disk Management. You may see your USB drive there in the graphical area in the bottom half of the window (not in the listing at the top that has drive letters assigned). It will show as unallocated space with no drive letter. If so, within Disk Managment assign a drive letter to it and then it will appear in Windows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.