Draytek.co.uk hacked or ran by monkeys?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by elapsed, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

A little while ago I stumbled across the UK version of draytek's website whilst searching for their products. By accident, I clicked and dragged my mouse down the page, highlighting all the text, and to my surprise, revealing a little "present".

It seems for some reason or another, the admins behind draytek.co.uk see fit to add someone's email address, and links to spanish holiday resorts at the bottom of their page in "invisible" text (same color as background).

At first I was worried that their site may have been hacked, and contacted them via email about the isue. After they responded with blanket responses that "their website is secure" then going on to try and investigate my motives "Why are you looking at the source code of our website" I decided to give up and post here instead.

So what's the deal here? (click to enlarge)
    hack.png

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I don't know if they were hacked, but I can tell you with 100% certainty monkeys aren't stupid, so making a comparison is quite unfair to the monkeys. :D

3. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

:thumb:

:D

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

elapsed, usually this is a Hidden Text and Links technique to boost search engine results.

Whether the site was hacked or if this is done on purpose by the site owner, is unknown at best.

5. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Maybe they are getting paid by the the websites, but that doesn't explain the email address?

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

elapsed, if you perform a WHOIS on both your mentioned site's domain name and the email address' domain name, you'll see that they both share the same IP Address. That's why I stated "unknown" in my reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.