Dragon NaturallySpeaking command datafile security?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by optical10, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. optical10

optical10 Registered Member

I've been getting more and more paranoid since the Gawker Media and Sony PlayStation user databases were compromised earlier this year, which affected me personally.

It got me thinking that if Dragon NaturallySpeaking uses a single text file to store all your spoken commands wouldn't it be visible to anybody who broke onto your computer or onto the network where you backup your Dragon NaturallySpeaking profiles?

I've also started to use "Dropbox", which also reported some suspicious activity earlier in the year on their servers so I looked into encrypting files on their server but I don't think I can specify that Dragon NaturallySpeaking use their server for running profiles so I need to find a way for Windows 7 64-bit to Bit Locker the necessary file on my local machine.

Has anybody done this successfully or is there no need due to Dragon NaturallySpeaking usage of the "commands datafile"?

Any thoughts much appreciated

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Key Phrase: Broke into your computer. If someone gains access to your computer, it's theirs.

Be sure it's secure and relax.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.