Dr.Web

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Ptah, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

Has anyone had any problems with the installers from the good doctor's website. I have been trying to install the demo version but vista keeps telling me there is something wrong with the program and then begins to shut it down. I have tried re-downloading it several times but still no go. Also I noticed that when it gets around 97% completion of download it will pause for several seconds before finishing.

2. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I don't think DrWEB is Vista compatible...yet...:)

3. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

Unless I' am reading this wrong under system requirements:

A computer running Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/Vista (32-bit architecture only)

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

You should know better than that.:)

5. risl

risl Registered Member

6. L815

L815 Guest

Mabye it's something that you've done to your system that is causing this.
    I remember back in the day I would mess with the system or use certain programs which would cause errors similar to yours to happen.

I've run DrWeb on my Vista system a while ago with no problems what so ever.

7. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Oops...guess I lost touch with the Doctor...:eek: :D

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

maybe?

its a certainty!

drweb IS Vista Compatible, and ive never had a problem with installation/un-installation in countless tries on different machines.

i suggest he checks out his machine, clean his temp and try once again.

9. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

Thanks for all of your replies, I just found out what was causing the problem. I had to right click and under the general tab at the bottom there is a security area that reads "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer". Next to it is the unblock button. I have not unblocked yet but wanted to ask CSJ or anyone if they had unblock Dr.Web's exe files before you could install it.

I unblocked it tried to install and still the same error. I the only other security program I have is outpost pro, I have never came across this problem before! I just took another look at it and UAC says it is an unidentified program, I wonder if this is causing the problem.

Update: I re-downloaded the 4.44 and now UAC has identified it correctly and I am off to reboot!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  10. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

Try shutting down completely Outpost Pro, or try installing in safe mode. Also since you're using Vista, right click on the installer and "Run as administrator".

11. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

I finally got the good doctor running, thanks for of the suggestions!:)

12. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Good is such a point of view kind of like Dr. Kevorkian (You may remeber him if not GOOGLE it) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.