Dr. Web Security Space Has Been Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by cdr, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

when was this?

there was an error yesterday around 7pm GMT time, with an update of an addon which created this BSOD for some users, but it was fixed very quickly and if your drweb is fully updated, this should not be happening.

do you have a .dmp file?

2. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

I had that BSOD too, about 21:00 in Greece. PAGE_FAULT and bla bla..

Anyway since i had a format planned these days and I had free time, I didn't bother with instructions provided in this thread.
    I wiped the drive with KillDisk and installed brand new OS.

3. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Just installed again after yesterdays BSOD.Web pages are quick to load, and so far no freezing.
    Badcompany.:thumb:

4. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

6. risl

risl Registered Member

I had the same BSOD yesterday and reinstalled OS too, didn't know it was Dr.Web's fault and didn't bother to investigate it. Working fine now after the fix.

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

8. Badcompany

Pc freezing up again.This time after 2 hrs.
    Badcompany.:thumbd:

9. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

what are you doing when it happens?

you contacted support?

ive had mine installed for ages now, and been using my machine all day.

no defects of any kind, running beautifully smooth, impressed :)

10. Badcompany

It freezes up if i try to load something from my desktop.Just sent a e-mail to support.
    Badcompany.

11. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

As with any new application placed in a heterogeneous user environment, new issues are bound to emerge. It's a simple fact of life.

I also see no issues under my normal usage conditions, however I can create conflict on demand that will either bring my system to its knees or BSOD by starting a MojoPac session. I assume that it's a conflict between the MojoPac virtualization driver and DrWeb's new self protection scheme, but that's just a casual guess on my part at this point. I'll let the developers at Dr Web sort the details of this one out...

Blue

12. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

any word on when they will add the rest to make it a full suite or are they not doing the firewall anymore? just curious

13. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

Are you using superantispyware?

As a fellow user suggest a conflict between those 2 programs.

14. Badcompany

I do have SAS Pro installed, will try without SAS.See what happens.
    Badcompany.

15. risl

risl Registered Member

Unfortunately this just doesn't seem complete, some features like the notification balloons if file is infected/cleaned don't work at all. There is too much of the 4.44 GUI left: scanner, spider guard settings/control and virus alerts for example.

Why do they bother mentioning about control panels or new gui when they only added a few icons and merged the tray icons? This is just an engine update with self-protection and few minor GUI modifications.

And where are the HIPS, firewall, etc. what was supposed to be in the "full suite" that is currently only an AV with HTTP-scanning and parental control. Even security space doesn't have a real "control panel".

http://risl.codename.fi/drwv5.JPG

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Staying neutral and 5 is nice, but to even refer to it as a suite is very misleading.

17. risl

risl Registered Member

I don't use the suite but I'm annoyed by the fact that Dr.Web had a lot of time on this, but they still didn't bother to make a proper GUI for it. Do they have a fetish regarding messy win95 looking icons and anti-ergonomic placing of buttons and tickboxes.

18. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

This isn't a suite, where did people get this idea from?

It's an updated version, nothing else.

One that adds greater detection, greater removal, http scanner, self protection and parental control.

Is there more to come? ... Sure.

Does anyone know when? ... Doubtfull

People should look at it no differently that a product update, one that adds some new features.

19. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

As a long time Dr. Web user, I decided to take a pass on this one. BSOD and it made my system unbootable and had to restore with Acronis. A huge :thumbd: for me.

20. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I stand corrected and no where does it say suite. Look folks, we cried for so long about them not moving forward and now they have. A few bugs, yes, but every other product when released does. So I think we should remain positive and supportive. As far as GUIs, protection or gloss is more important.

21. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

That wasn't to do with v5, that was an sddin update that was corrected immediately.

22. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Not to do with v5? Come off it, there's a lot of trouble with v5. I'm still not able to run just the AV without freezing my system etc. :thumbd:

23. SergM

SergM Registered Member

GUI it will be changed after the lapse of some time. It is the separate project in company plans. Now efforts are sent to completion correct job of the program and a binding to Enterprise products.

24. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

What? Whatever it was/is, it screwed by computer and cost me several hours of my time. No other AV software ever did that except AVG which I also do not use. :thumbd:

25. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

Problem with Network Share/ Samba after installing Dr. Web 5?

Anyone else having issues with network shares/Samba after installing Dr. Web 5?

I have a Network Media Tank (Pop Corn Hour) hooked up to my network which I use to stream media from my PC to my tv. After installing Dr. Web 5, my Pop Corn Hour was no longer able to access my PC over Samba. I did the usual trouble shooting and finally uninstalled Dr. Web 5 and my Pop Corn Hour was able to access my PC again. The only other security apps I have running are SuperAntiSpyware and a firewall software. I tried disabling both and still have the problem. Removing Dr. Web 5 fixed the issue.

Anyone have any ideas on what the issue is? Any suggestions on a work around? I've reinstalled Dr. Web 4.44 until I can get this issue resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.