Dr. Web - Sales Response Bad Attitude

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Antus, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egghead

egghead Registered Member

I too had problems when I migrated. After sending my AV key I did not receive a response. I have contacted Dr.Web and they mailed me a copy of the response they had send me. The email exchange was nice and correct. Forgot the name of the woman who handled the problem. Other exchanges I have had with Dr.Web people were also correct & friendly (I always put in the word Spasieba in my emails, meaning thank you in Russian, maybe this breaks the ice a little).

Russians are very direct in their way of communicating and sometimes come over as quite rude. But as mentioned by CSJ, this is more a language issue.

2. risl

risl Registered Member

I paid my license as a wire transfer to a dr.web reseller in Netherlands(closest to me)and got my license the same day I paid, after sending a screenshot from the transfer. No problems at all.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the migration form on the drweb website didnt work.
    so i posted on this forum and a member pmed me with a email address of a drweb employee which works in the sale department and got the code the next day.

4. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Hmmm i did the same thing as you but i had to wait for more then a week till their administration was up to date.

5. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

The migrate offer is no longer open to home users btw...they are focussing solely on business migrations apparently.

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Ah,now thats good customer relation a response within a few days.My company do not hold your breath you would pass out for a month or so.

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I think if you download Cure-it, you will get a popup after installing offering a 50 percent discount.

8. Baz_kasp

Which no longer works :( (here at least)

It's a shame because I was going to use that offer to get a copy for my flash drive...

9. Dark Shadow

trjam is correct a 50 pecent discount offer popup occurs I think during the scan or the end.

10. Dark Shadow

Baz FYI. I just downloaded a fresh copy of cureit the discount is there the popup was after the express scan.Ps may I add to check your pop up settings.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I knows me stuff.;)

12. Dark Shadow

Yes you Do. no argument here.:thumb: The Nomad man:D

13. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

10 euros for Dr.WEB -after the 50% discount- is like stealing from a church!

Good value and excellent, I mean excellent, support. I have bothered them about 5-6 times, even on silly issues and always ended in success.

:thumb:

14. Baz_kasp

I know it is there...I meant I can't use it.

Click on the link, and it just redirects me from www.freedrweb.com/migrate to www.freedrweb.com.

Looks like the do not like the UK because it is accessible via a US proxy :|

15. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

16. sergeyko

sergeyko AV Expert

Back to the topic.
    We still have no particular info from Antus. That's pity.

17. egghead

And Antus............... what takes you so long then to provide a copy of the email holding the response of the Dr.Web sales department? :rolleyes:

You are not going to tell that you have deleted it, are you ? ;)

18. Dark Shadow

Yes it is indeed a pitty.It shows and proofs here your on going 110 percent efforts, Is not going unnoticed.Antus should step up and rectify any bad feelings at least do that much.

19. Arin

Arin Registered Member

And how many days it has been since you asked for it? Antus already wanted the thread to be closed. I'm not concluding anything, but I'm not jumping my gun either. Maybe he is just busy. Maybe he hasn't logged in after that.

Its not abnormal to delete emails those you think won't serve you any purpose. I do it all the time. :p

20. egghead

How is that ?

If you make accusations the like Antus has made on a public forum you can expect that you are being asked to prove it. Anticipation is the word that comes to my mind. :p

21. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Probably that is why he asked the moderators to close the thread. Because he/she remembered the email was deleted long time ago. I don't think we should take it personally.

In any case its nice to see that one DrWeb representative tried to make it ok. No company can ensure smooth service to all their customers. After all the sales people are human too. What actually matters is that if one customer complains, it gets addressed promptly.

Peace.

22. egghead

You are suggesting here that the accusation Antus has made is true and that Dr.Web does not offer "smooth service".

What's happening in reality is that some bloke puts a serious company in a shady light, when he is asked to back up his accusation he tries to have his thread closed and then disappears in cyberspace.

No peace. War !

23. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Your request is granted and our hope is that both parties have had or will have future contact. A DrWeb rep has offered to help figure it out.

Perhaps also in the future rants without the ability to show e-mail contents or other proof is not appropriate for a thread.

In any case, this thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.