Dr. Web - Sales Response Bad Attitude

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Antus, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antus

Antus Registered Member

What I'm about to post I have already said to Dr. Web Sales Dept and Support.
    Those of us that have or plan to use Dr. Web they have a program to migrate to their product (with proof of a current anti virus currently running on ones PC Well I decided to take advantage of this and sent proof of what I was using....and waited for a response. After 4 days nothing, so I sent another email, waited a week, still no response. Finally I sent a email to their sales dept and advising them of the unprofessional way they handle business and their lack of concern for customers. Now just for the record on the first 2 emails I had confirmation they received them . The response from the sales direction was " WE did not receive your email, and we don't care on your comments about how we handle our business. Let me say this I don't care if their products was the best of the web I'll be damned if I ever try or use their product again. I work in the area of customer service, and if I handle my customers this way we would be out of business!!!!. Dr. Web may have a good product but the people behind it are not top notch to say the least. :thumbd:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  2. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

a big WOW

welp for sure there response is inappropriate for 100%.

no way a business will talk like that even if he think the customer is wrong:mad:

and their products is nice but certainly not the best on the marker , just an average one

chers:thumb:

3. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

It's clear they didn't like the way you expressed your opinion on their businesses (what a brilliant deduction! :rolleyes: )

They said they didn't received your mail but given their answer, it's obvious the 'proof' you sent to them was rejected :D

As far as i know, the migration discount form is 'almost instantly' evaluated.

~Off topic comment removed. - Ron~

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2008
  4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Look, there's really no reason to drag stereotypical characterizations into the discussion. They add nothing to the substantive discussion and only serve to drag the entire discourse down. How about we stop this line of development right now.

Regards,

Blue

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

It's not unusual for spam filters and such to prevent emails from reaching recipients. Before everyone jumps on a vendor, or anyone else for that matter, I would advise prudence.

6. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Sorry for the 'extra' comment, Blue.
    Lesson learnt ;)

7. BlueZannetti

Along those lines...., my ISP blocked a range of IP addresses at the server level that prevented DrWeb originating communications from reaching me a while ago. At the time, they seemed quite unresponsive, but one mail trickled through and we were able to sort out the situation. It was frustrating to both sides since the other party seemed uncommunicative to each of us. Lesson learned.

Secondly, communicating across language boundaries is always fraught with difficulty. I typically tone down my sensitivity to emotionally laden words in these situations since word usage is often very imprecise due to marginal translation capabilities on both sides.

Blue

8. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

It is a bit odd that the only email of the three sent that may not have been lost in a spam filter is the one that expressed a negative opinion about the product. Assuming the three emails were sent from the same address it is more likely that the first two were simply not replied to from Dr. Web.

9. Antus

Antus Registered Member

Please read my post again......I said nothing against the product Dr. Web is a good product, that has nothing to do with my issue. It had to do with the response from sales...........actually it makes no sense at this point to carry this on it will service no purpose at this point just stir up the crowd. I would appreciate it if one of the mods would close this thread Thanks

10. BlueZannetti

Actually, it could be as with myself where one mail did make it through (don't know why that one did and the others didn't), or perhaps all made it through and some were lost/ignored/whatever. It really doesn't matter a whole lot at this point, it's time to move on and current/future customers can weigh this situation along with other positive or negative experiences they hear about in making a purchase decision. You can't fix the past, you really can only influence the future course of things.

Blue

11. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Antus, I had almost the identical experience with them also. it will be a cold day in hell before I ever use their product. Maybe one day they will learn you don't treat customers or potential customers in this manner.

bigc

12. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

In my experience, DrWeb folks can be *aloof* at times. Their application is nice & light, but (protection-wise) recent tests indicate that it has settled in at the upper level of 2nd tier AVs.

In other words, Antus, there are equal or better choices out there, & I do not know of a single one of them that wouldn't be delighted to receive your business.

Why try to milk a mean-natured cow when milk is so plentiful? ;)

13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Before we we dismiss anyone, perhaps a response will be order for the accused. Several Dr. Web reps post here. Can we wait?

14. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

More than one individual (in this thread alone) has received an unprofessional response from Dr.Web. I see no point in waiting for a formal response. If one needs to be made then it should be done privately IMO. Should an apology or other appropriate response be issued then I'm certain that we'll hear about it anyhow.

15. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If you have had no problems personally with a particular program, I would withhold comments and give the people involved a chance to speak.

16. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

I've dealt with Dr. Web's sales and tech staff before and the experience was quite good. Can't say a bad thing about them. I'm sure the problem experienced was just a misunderstanding.

17. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I dont understand how its a misunderstanding when I'm sure he was speaking the right lang and said it word for word.... I think the jester I fell on my keyboard and typed a bunch of mean things is really going to fly here. :cautious:

18. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

That is the glory of the free market in AV software. If you don't like the vendor for whatever reason, simply find another. My personal experience could not be better with the Dr. Web sales staff- but obviously your experience may vary.

19. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

please show some proof in the pudding.........

support is friendly and fast (usually)

if a rude reply has been recieved, im sure it is just a misunderstanding in the language.

i speak with some of them on almost daily basis as friends, and quite a few comments that even i get seem sometimes rude to me.

but over my time with drweb, their support has always been first class, A+, 5/5.

---

20. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Who knows what actually happened to the original emails:-could have gone to a rep who was on the verge of leaving and just "didn't bother with them":-we just don't know,the response to the complaint about not having received a reply is pretty bad though,and makes you wonder about their overall attitude to customers and customer service

21. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Registered Member

I think prudence makes sense if someone is evaluating Dr. Web for their needs. However... For those here that HAVE made that evaluation and received what they considered was a bad response or service... Why wait?

For the record, never used Dr. Web nor have a bad thing to say about them - I just don't think people should be given the 3rd degree for presenting their opinions here. I personally *WANT* to hear them, as well as the opposing viewpoint (Dr. Web).

It could be the situation where the OP caught a customer service rep on a bad day. That doesn't excuse it, it doesn't make the OP "wrong", but it also doesn't make Dr. Web out to be horrific in whole.

Its just an opinion / review of that experience. Isn't that what we all come here to learn?

22. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Exactly my thoughts,If a cutomer rep had a bad day and expressed Him or her self Incorrectly as a buisinees to customer relation stand point,I am almost certain the upper management are unaware of this matter.So In whole you can not fault DrWeb the Fault lies on the employee.The customer is always wright even if there not.

23. sergeyko

sergeyko AV Expert

I have sent you a PM, please reply. We'd like to figure this out.
    That's absolutely an improper way for our sales to communicate with users.
    As well as it's improper to blame someone without proves.

24. risl

risl Registered Member

Good to see dr.web people here too :)

25. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

you wait long enough someone is bound to reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.