Dr.Web, Renewal and Support

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RealResults, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I do see you point about the interface. And your right, separate modules seem to be unique to Dr Web, as far as interface decentralization is concerned. I guess looking at things like that I kind of like the interface, or rather I like its uniqueness. I also like the fact that the on-demand scan module is very simplistic in terms of displaying detected threats. I would like to see, as I'm sure everyone would, updates and improvements to the heuristic engine. Maybe it would be best to take a little of NODs philosophy; as long as the heuristics are top notch there is no need for frequently updated signatures.

Okay, you've changed my mind. I vote for tweaking but not overhauling the interface.

2. LokiLoki

LokiLoki Guest

Hi Dr Web users,

If I migrate now, will my current AV license be gone forever?

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Do you mean your current license for another AV? If so, then no, your current lisence is still valid. I bought a license for NOD32 then used the migration offer for Dr Web. Both are valid....I gave NOD to my dad.

4. LokiLoki

LokiLoki Guest

Woooo....That's great. Thanks.

5. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I'm sure we'll see changes and improvements in several areas of DrWeb as development of their product moves forward, I just hope they are not drastic in nature, I think DrWeb does a pretty good job as is... fine tuning and tweaking will make it even better. I like Igor Daniloff's philosophy concerning the antivirus market and his product. This sets him apart from the others. That's one reason why I use and now support DrWeb. I tried several of the highly touted top tier av programs, but, I like DrWeb best of all...

6. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Dr.Web Support... Comments

Today I used their support request form for the first time and what a great experience that was, my request for support was responded to in less than an hour. Support was quick, courteous and responsive. I was impressed. Their tracking system for support tickets made communicating with support very easy and efficent. A "two thumbs up" for Dr.Web.

7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

As it stands, I find Dr.Web very tedious to configure and it really does not look so good to me. I vote that the interface be overhauled and a centralized interface be used. And please simplify the options! Even though I am able to configure it, I will admit that Dr.Web is the *only* AV which confused me in its configuration.

In my experience, Dr.Web has great support, a somewhat lacking virus submission system (but I'm not complaining) and a program that works like a 19-year old but looks like a thin old wrinkly man. In either case, I still have good faith that Dr.Web 5.0 will be a good product.

If Dr.Web stays with the current strange interface, then thr below picture will explain who I will have to support instead (the picture even has Igor Daniloff in it - He's the second guy from the left). :D

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.