Dr.Web Anti-virus 8 for Windows Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TheKid7, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. er34

er34 Guest

Firecat, thanks for your detailed explanation.

My experience shows that I better have less clients but provide them with better service and have better relationship with them (better for me and for them), rather than having many clients with worse relationship (worse for me). I better get less money and advertise less than get more money, have more clients but the client forget where they come from and start exploiting my politeness. That is why I understand DrWeb and their way of working.

Thanks once again :thumb:

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

It is good that you are satisfied with where you are (many people/companies keep thinking "more more more" :)), but in modern age of globalization in an industry like this (i.e. security) it's probably better to keep expanding as more and more resources are needed for development and running the malware research centers (etc.) year-on-year. Perhaps that's why Dr.Web is (relatively) expensive as they probably try to make this expansion/upgradation based on the revenue gained rather than by raising the customer base.

It's just that if you lose mindshare or marketshare; it's not easy to gain it back. Finances can be very fleeting, my budget this year may or may not remain the same next year. If a customer (enterprise or regular) suddenly finds himself/herself in a money fix, you'll find more will try and look for something cheaper than try and negotiate with you about it, even if their condition improves sometime later.

Anyway, like I said, just examples. If Dr.Web sees fit to work this way then it's fine of course. I'm just a 20 year old kid, I have little real world experience of how this actually works. These were just my thoughts on the matter :)

3. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Hi risl :)

Oh, Oh, Oh... Please read this http://download.geo.drweb.com/pub/drweb/windows/8.0/doc/wks/en/main_preventiveprotection.htm ;)

4. risl

risl Registered Member

I made a reinstall and apparently this has been fixed by a product update or I have previously used wrong settings by my own mistake (though I remember trying to restore defaults). No problems so far.

I did notice though, that a user cannot send quarantined suspicious file directly to Dr.Web from the UI anymore. Or atleast I didn't find a way to do it.

5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

6. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

reinstalled to test new version... wish they were cheaper.

7. er34

er34 Guest

I also installed DrWeb 8 - the latest one (no DrWeb firewall) , on Win8 Pro. And still the same like previous versions - v e r y ... slow on-demand scanning. I know this is how they always did and perhaps they do in-depth analysis of the file, but it is too slow, IMO. Everything else is fine. The company is excellent :thumb:

8. risl

risl Registered Member

What kind of computer specs you have? They introduced multi-threaded scanning in version 7.0 and since then it has been as fast as any other competitor, atleast according to my own testing.

For me it scans a lot faster than MSE, and is approximately as fast as avast. If I set it to scan everything.

9. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Dr.Web home products 8.0 for Windows updated:
    http://news.drweb.com/?i=3073&c=5&lng=en&p=0

10. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i actually dont mind the slow scanning as i only really do a full system scan at night or when im going to walk away. my last lic's are from when they did the competitive thing where i got great discounts on them. i wish they would do the same thing again. i actually miss the doc..

11. er34

er34 Guest

Ok, I have two machines at the moment at home - one is tablet running Windows 8 Pro x86, 1.6 Ghz Intel Atom dual core processor 2 GB RAM. Second is laptop running Windows 8 Pro x64, Intel Pentium dual core processor 1.8 Ghz , 4 GB RAM. Both HDDs, not SSDs. The scan speed is extremely slow on both. DrWeb CureIT has always been slow on my computers and on many others I have tried. Everything else is fine. I like DrWeb as company - their support and virus lab has always been very helpful and polite despite me not having license for their products.

12. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.