Dr. Web adds 2,183 definitions today

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Bunkhouse Buck, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. risl

risl Registered Member

It might be possible that they've just started receiving more samples because few russian ISPs and some ukrainian ISP started using the av-desk service. The amount of "av-desk workstations" is over 40000 according to statistics in their official av-desk site.

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

the ISP service is slowly becoming a revolution, once again... drweb thinks outside the box.

3. risl

risl Registered Member

Dunno about their thinkings but surely creates more pressure on adding definitions/performing well detectionwise since we are now talking about big companies demanding security for their customers. Hopefully it benefits us too.

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i just checked them myself and they drweb detected nothing, can you confirm they are no longer detected, both fixed within such a short time, same day.

5. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I am getting no FPs from either program anymore.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

its a shame big isp's such as bt dont give out av desk instead of norton.
    im sure customers would be alot happier that way since most customers want antivirus programs that just work and dont slow them down.

7. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

Most ISP customers wouldn't know how to handle the FP that are frequent with Dr. Web. That's one reason they mostly give away mcafee or norton.

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i guess that is true but i was mainly trying to say id rather big isp's such as bt gave away antivirus software which isnt mcafee or norton without going offtopic.

9. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

doc web is good but ISP give the other big 2 away because of ease large discounts they can get...

10. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

From prior experience, I already know that you're incapable of discussing such things in a mature manner and will insist on taking it personally, but I was simply stating some facts.

11. Dorn

Dorn Registered Member

CSJ, i see every post almost every topic you protect Drweb, you write good and positive things about them all the time =)
    man do you work for them or something :p ?

12. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Less than 3 weeks ago, we had a very similar thread about Dr.Web update rates. Yes, they had a good day. That's good news to Dr.Web users. Now, it is enough. See this previous thread, which sounds a lot like the posts/posters in this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=202159

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.