Dr.Web 9 first impressions

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by KenshinX243, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenshinX243

KenshinX243 Registered Member

So I ran a Dr.Web Cureit! just to see if it would pick anything up (it didn’t) and at the bottom of the program, there was an advertisement for Dr.Web 9 for 60 days. I clicked on it and I filled out the info and I got an email with the 60 day activation. Installed it on my computer and I must say that Dr.Web seems to be running very smooth with no lag that I can sense. I ran a full scan and it did find a few things that I know that I want on my computer (not false positives). The odd thing is that when I ran the scan the ProcessExplorer was showing a lot of RAM and CPU being taken up by Dr.Web, but again, I was able to open a few games and programs while the scan was going and very little to no slowdown on my computer. I figure that it’s one of two reasoning’s: One, I have an Intel i7 8 core processor and 16GB of RAM. Two, Dr. Web knows how to not interfere (slowdown) a computer while it is running a scan. The whole scan took about 1 hour and 45 minutes for my whole computer. This includes my 480GB filled C: drive and my 892GB filled secondary internal D: drive. The interface seemed a bit odd at first but it is simple to use.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/599/q9eu.png

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i like dr web personally but 2 reasons i will not use them. one is the price, they are nuts with what they want imo compared to most others, second the new "piracy" feature, while i am NOT a pirate i still dont feel the need for my av to monitor my system for that stuff. not cool. no need for that in my av. otherwise i really do like it and think its a great program.

3. SergM

SergM Registered Member

This is normal. The CPU usage is regulated in the scanner settings. Enabled by default maximum CPU usage to increase the scanning speed. The scanner gives the CPU resources on-demand system.

It's not even funny. I have already given a lot of explanation on the matter. Just added a new category of virus database, the database is now completely empty, it is not enabled by default, it is not filled at the request of Dr. Web employees and only the legal owner application.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

sorry for me it shouldnt even be there. i see no reason for it to monitor stuff like that. again i do not condone any of that. but enabled or not i dont need a "net nanny" irregardless its way to expensive imo.

5. KenshinX243

KenshinX243 Registered Member

hmm...I didn't even know anything about the blocking of/ anti Pirating guard that Dr.Web had built in. Good to know I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.