Dr.Web 10.0 for Windows: Security and harmony

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SergM, Oct 30, 2014.

1. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

Something odd but good has been happening with Dr. Web licensing lately. Here's what happened. Last year I purchased a two-year Android license for my daughter's smart phone. She loves Dr. Web so I had no problem with the purchase, and it was only like 6 or 9 bucks. More recently I had decided to add Dr. Web to one of my laptops. When I visited the Dr. Web site there was a blurb that said "40% discount available now" for Security Space 10. It was a good deal, only about $17, so I bought a one-year license. On the installation a box popped up stating "you can add 150 extra days on your license" if you enter a previously purchased Dr. Web license still active. So I scrambled and I found the license for the smart phone, entered it, and completed the installation. When the days left info popped up after rebooting the computer with the newly installed Dr. Web, it said I had 779 days! So I got about a year free from entering the license for the previously bought license. A few days later I said, what the hell, I'll buy two more Dr. Web licenses for my other two computers. When I visited the Dr. Web site, I got a notice that if I acted fast I would get a 50% discount on Security Space 10. So I bought two licenses for about $15 each, and installed them on the two computers. On the first install that same box popped up stating that if I entered a currently active additional Dr. Web license I could get some extra days added to this new license. So I entered the license newly bought for the first laptop, and guess what? I got 1250 days! When I installed the license for the third computer I also got 1250 days!

I don't know if I just got lucky or if this is how it is really supposed to work, but I got massive bang for the buck for my recent purchases of Dr. Web. And it is working like a charm. What an amazing turn of events.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

is the 15$ lic still around?

3. Ro4dRuNn3r

Ro4dRuNn3r Guest

Just visit the Dr. Web site, there will be a little Pop up for an 50% Discount. :thumb:

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Dr.Web is very cheap in my country. I just don't know if the product is that good anymore.

5. zfactor

i got a little pop up but it says 20% off not 50%??

6. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

And I'm presented with a 40% lol

Thanks Firecat ;)

drweb.JPG

7. Ro4dRuNn3r

Ro4dRuNn3r Guest

Hmmm, strange... 50%. :rolleyes:

dr.web.JPG

8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hmm, you're in the U.S, Ro4d is in Germany....maybe that could have something to do with it. :doubt:

9. zfactor

it changes every time i check the discount. if you clear your cache and revisit the pop up is varied every time. but the highest i saw was 40%. i saw 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%, and 40% nothing higher.

10. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Really, so the % you get is kinda random :confused:

I wonder if Ro4d would try several times like you did if he would be able to get more than 50% :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  11. SweX

SweX Registered Member

12. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

^AFAIK the discount is capped at 50%.

13. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

At this moment...

drweb2.JPG

14. Ro4dRuNn3r

Ro4dRuNn3r Guest

I'm always getting 50%. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.