Downloading Youtube videos safe?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by The Count, Dec 13, 2016.

1. The Count

The Count Registered Member

Is it safe to download from Youtube.com using 3rd party add-on? Is anyone monitoring what I download? For those wondering: yes, I am one of those people that doesn't trust Google. Sort of related: I recall when I had a youtube account I wasn't able to delete a particular video from my favorite youtube video list. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Are Google pre-scanning uploaded videos from it's users?

The add-on I use is Youtube Video and Audio Downloader courtesy of Firefox add-on.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Google knows everything about everyone. So....

3. guest

guest Guest

They are scanning uploaded videos from users:

4. deBoetie

deBoetie Registered Member

I had a video automatically flagged for copyright violation on a backing track on YouTube.

Which really really really jangled my Tos - I had paid good money for being able to use the content royalty free, I was operating legally and with respect to the artists, and the content industry seem to have pre-emptive rights to take down prior to any discussion. I did appeal and get it unblocked (apart from Germany for some reason), but it was helpful to the extent that it highlighted the nature of YouTube, and the rotten legislation which gives way too much power, and way too little redress, for the small guy.

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

They know more than everything ... lol.

6. pandorax

pandorax Registered Member

You can use youtube-dl with proxy option.

7. bidd

bidd Guest

8. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

I like the following trick for youtube downloading. Just insert "ss": www.ssyoutube.com...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.