downloading trial version of true image 9.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by reno, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reno

reno Guest

Whe I try to download the above, I get the following error, "Failed to Register product. Please try again later". How many times do I have to try again later before giving up completely and looking for a competitive product?

2. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

Just maybe Acronis is in the process of putting a new improved version up! :D Try a little later, or read the forum for info.

...Allen

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

4. plshelp

plshelp Guest

Having followed your link due to similar issues this morning I am still getting the same problem as detailed above.

Advise when this is resolved.... before I purchase my product elsewhere.

5. reno

reno Guest

Tried different times of day and cannot get past the "Failed to register product. Please try again later" error message.

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello plshelp,

I've just tested the link provided by Acronis Support and had no problem with downloading the True Image 9.0 installation file "TrueImage9.0_d_en.exe". Not sure whether it's relevant but are you using any form of download manager/accelerator?

Regards

7. Acronis Support

Hello plshelp and reno,

If you are using any download manager, internet download/connection booster, etc. please disable it and retry to download. If the problem remains, please let me know.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

8. RES

RES Guest

I am also experiencing this error during the install and it is very frustrating. My initial thought was that I had a good download because I’ve downloaded it twice and each time the installer successfully decompresses and runs the wizard.

When the installer prompts for registration information is it going to then connect to the internet to complete the registration process? If it’s true, then does the retail product also suffer from this limitation? If this is the case then I’m afraid I won’t be able to evaluate this product as my environment (both test and production) is an isolated network and does/will not have internet connectivity.

Please advise, RES

9. David Campen

David Campen Registered Member

I just downloaded the product to my Win200 workstation at work without any problems. Do you tell the download to "save" or "open" the file? It seems like your problem is coming not with the download but with the installation.

None of the non-demo versions that I have installed -V6, V7 and V9 - have required an internet connection for the installation process/authorization. When installing the non-demo versions what is required is that you enter a long product authorization key that is supplied with your purchase.

10. AndyGuerin

AndyGuerin Registered Member

I'm also suffering from the same symptons as this, both on the trial version and the full retail version.

I've downloaded the package, started the install, you are asked to complete the Registration page, and then told you cant register at this time, and the install fails. I did stop my AV and firewall security, just to check these were not blocking the registration in anyway, but still got the same result.

11. I am having the exact same problem. I have download the trial version (twice). And it seems like ti will install until I get the the registration page. I fill in ALL of the blanks and get "Failed to register the product. Please try again later."

12. Acronis Support

Hello all,

If you have any problems when you try to download a trial version please create a screen shot of the error message and send it to Acronis Support along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

13. jsieg

jsieg Registered Member

Disable Norton Internet Security. I am a genius.:D

14. collies

collies Registered Member

I also have tried to install this product with no luck. o_O
    It came on a cover disk with Computer Shopper, that won't install. I've downloaded it several times, without a download manager, and this won't install either :mad:
    Anti-virus and firewall both switched off and still won't install.

Keep getting "Failed to register the product. Please try again later" after 3 days :eek: . Sent a screenshot as support requested above but no reply :mad: :mad: :thumbd:

Now seriously considering Roxio's BackUp MyPC v6

15. collies

collies Registered Member

Have now been sent a link to a download without the registration screen.
    Downloaded and installed no problems.
    Thanks

16. timf

timf Registered Member

Was having the same problems regarding "Failed to Register the Product. Try again later". In the end found that running the install in silent mode worked:-

1) Save any open files as the PC will reboot automatically at the end of this process.

2) Run the download file and Right-click on the "Install Acronis True Image" button and select Extract.

3) Enter a location for the extract and note this and the file name

4) Click Start, Run and enter msiexec /ie:\temp\acronis\acronistrueimage.msi /quiet
    (This example is where I extracted the file in step 2 to e:\temp\acronis with a file name of acronistrueimage.msi)

5) The install runs silently.

6) Your PC will reboot without a prompt

Worked for me

17. Meanteam

Meanteam Registered Member

Could I have the link to the version that doesn't require registraion please.

I've tried to install version 9 but can't complete the installation as registration always fails.

Thanks.

18. Acronis Support

Hello Meanteam,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I have sent you the Private Message regarding your request.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

19. NotFar

NotFar Registered Member

Hi,

Could you forward the link or a work around to me as well.

I have downloaded the latest triall version but get a failed registration error when I try and install it.

Thanks

20. Acronis Support

Hello NotFar,

I've sent you the link to download the trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 via Private Message.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

21. Michael Pietro

Michael Pietro Registered Member

Same problem here. I had to disable Norton IS to register True Image on my home computer. I'm trying to install it at work but it won't register through the corporate firewall.

Please send the link to me as well. You might want to just post it, since there are clearly a number of people having this problem.

22. zenoboy

zenoboy Registered Member

Ya same here please kindly send me the link, or just simply post it in the forum for all to download

23. Acronis Support

Hello Michael Pietro and zenoboy,

I'm afraid that it's impossible to post the unique link to download the trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 which does not require the online registration. The unique link is available only 14 days and you have only 5 attempts to download the trial version.

I have sent you the links to download the trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 via Private Message.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

24. monasmith

monasmith Registered Member

Hi,

I would like a link as well. I have also downloaded the latest trial version but get a failed registration error when I try and install it.

Thank

25. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Post removed as it contained a direct DL link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.