Downloading Macromedia Flashplayer

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by kimberish, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimberish

kimberish Registered Member

I have downloaded and set up a bunch of spyware and other free computer protections from the Internet. Now I am trying to download Macromedia Flashplayer at:

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

When I hit the "install now" button, My browser is brought to the next page, but the does not begin to run and install. Just the new page comes up, and nothing esle (not the image they show at the bottom of the page). Is this due to some setting in spyware blaster? I can't figure out how to get it to download and install.

Thanks for any help.

(I have installed Adaware, Spybot, Spyware Guard, Windows Media Player Scripting Fix, File Checker, Guidescope, ID Blaster, and MRU Blaster. I am guessing that one of these is keeping flashplayer from installing, but I can't figure out which one. I had to turn off ID Blaster to log this post, and that took a while for me to figure out! I'm just trying to figure out when I need to adjust these programs to get info I want. Did I go overkill on the programs? Are some conflicting with each other?)

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi kimberish,

SpywareBlaster does have a special function to allow you to enable and disable the Macromedia Flash player.

Many people like to have it disabled while doing most of their browsing because of all the Flash based Ads on webpages. By having an easy to access option in SpywareBlaster to turn it on and off, they can enable it when they actually do want to run a Flash object.

[​IMG]

Go into SpywareBlaster > Tools > Flash Killer tab > and then clear the checkmark shown. This will re-enable flash on your system. Close your browser and restart it, then try the download again and let us know if it still doesn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.