downloader.purityscan.b

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by NateTheShake, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NateTheShake

NateTheShake Registered Member

I am very new to this whole trojan defense stuff, but my computer is constantly telling me I am infected with the trojan "Downloader.Purityscan.B"

It seems to be coming from this file: "C:\Documents and Settings\Nate\Application Data\EEUO.EXE"

When I ran TDS3 it said: "Couldn't Open C:\Documents and Settings...\EEUO.EXE for read access, file is locked"

I'm not sure what to do from here. My virus scan program (AVG) identifies the trojan, but cannot delete it.

Please help a noob.

Nate

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there!
    when using a scanner, for instance TDS, make sure you have other scanners closed, also their resident protection, when you're going to scan with the other scanner. In your case, AVG, open the GUI, uncheck all options of it and you will see it's icon in the systray gray out. If you have more scanners active close those too. Close also other programs you don't need for a while. Now with the fully updated TDS and all options into that one chacked do a full system scan, step away from the system for a coffee or walk the dog, so see the results when you're back.
    Now tell us if TDS could access that file.
    If you were able to kill it as a running process before that System Analysies > Process Lists ,or via thje Task Manager -- so with that TDS should be able to access the file.
    Your AVG might have protected it already, hence locked for access by any other scanner.
    From the TDS alarm console you should be able to delete the file.
    Make sure before you reboot to disable system restore ( My computer > trouble shooting > uncheck system restore) reboot and enable your system restore again andcreate a new restore point, so the nasty really has gone unless AVG keeps it hidden somehow.
    New scan should tell you.

Please post back the results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.