Downloaded file is damaged

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Samaritan, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samaritan

Samaritan Registered Member

This month I have noticed that when my dial-up connection establishes a connection, and Noddy's automatic facility searches for new version automatically and finds one to download, that about 5-10 seconds later I get this message;
    Update attempt failed (Downloaded file is damaged.)

If I then hit the manual Update Now button, it works straight away without failure.

My log reads;
    <01/06/03 23:35:56> Control Center: Internet connection detected
    <01/06/03 23:35:56> Control Center: Search for new version triggered automatically
    <01/06/03 23:36:00> Control Center: Update attempt failed (Downloaded file is damaged.)
    <01/06/03 23:42:20> Control Center: Search for new version triggered manually
    <01/06/03 23:42:48> Control Center: Database successfully Updated to version 1.340 (20030103).

I have tried it with 3 OS from inside my house, and I know a friend who is having the same experience. We both use the same ISP, but I don't think it's them as it did work before.

Can you help please, I have un/reinstalled it without change in result. Tried a fresh downloaded version. It has the same result with XP/ME/98.
    I am concerned that many people do not check their log and it may be happening to them.

Bryan.

2. Samaritan

Mine now works if I use another ISP to dial up with.

I have just now given a detailed report to my default ISP who say they will look into it.

Two of my friends, also with the same ISP & Nod32, also tried another ISP with immediate sucess.

I will keep you informed on what the ISP comes up with.

3. Samaritan

The Answer.

Get your ISP to update Nod32 using the Commercial version through a dial-up connection.

Paradise couldn't duplicate the failure with the trial version so Nod provided them with a temporary licence the test the commercial one.
    Whatever it was, they found the answer within hours and everything is now sweet! ;)

Good Luck.

4. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi Samaritan,

thanks for helping us. :)

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.