Download scanning in V. 3

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by SamSpade, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamSpade

SamSpade Registered Member

In my Firefox download manager I have the option of scanning all downloads as they come in. Using V. 2.7 it would pop-up and perform a quick scan on just that download. I just had to plug in the appropriate executable file and bam.

What is the appropriate exe file for using V. 3? I tried the ekrn.exe but nothing seems to happen? Tried the egui.exe and only got the ui (nothing seemed to happen, no report of anything anyway), tried ecls.exe and got the DOS command box but it flashed by so quickly I don't know if anything happened.

Are *all* files downloaded into my computer automatically scanned by V. 3 (at default settings)??

Thanks.

SamSpade

|||

2. GAN

GAN Registered Member

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

iirc the correct exe is ecls.exe and the switches can be found in the help file.

And afaik, no not all files are scanned.

4. SamSpade

SamSpade Registered Member

I just found out the reason why my boot-down last night was taking forever: now I tried to re-boot and it stalled again (light blue -- *NOT* BSOD -- screen which says "Windows is shutting down")... stayed there for over two hours while I was away from the computer. Ugh!!

I uninstalled V.3 and went back to V.2.7; all is working fine now.

Seems like V.3 has a *lot* of rough edges!!

|||

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.