Download protection interference

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by 82hawkeye, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 82hawkeye

82hawkeye Registered Member

spyguard V.2.2 interfers with win2k pro tool bar.
    I have determined by test that it prevents the text label (tool tips) from showing when an icon is pointed at by the mouse . I checked each by turning off and back on the Real time screening, Download protection and Browser Hijack protection. The Browser Hijack Protection prevents the text label from showing.
    Is there any way to prevent this and still have Hijack Protection enabledo_O?

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Hawkeye81,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

The Tooltips seem to be a known problem, I'm afraid:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=13191;start=msg84587#msg84587

Not sure if javacool has figured it out, much less if he is working on a solution.

Regards,

Pieter

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I have been working on this for a while, and it seems as though I can't prevent the issue without completely re-working how the Browser Hijacking Protection works - perhaps even preventing its current full abilities. :doubt:

For now, it seems you have to unfortunately make that trade-off: tool-tips or browser hijacking protection. But please know that I am still trying to work on a usable solution! :)

(NOTE: This problem doesn't seem to occur for all users.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. 82hawkeye

82hawkeye Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.