Download issue...

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by rpelletier, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpelletier

rpelletier Registered Member

I don't need help with this, but hope someone will post some wisdom here on the topic for the beneift of others.

Danged ESET site's been giving me grief - I filled out the form for a trial to get a client set up with ESS4, and never got a reply. (Waited 24 hours...)

So, like an idiot, I went ahead and purchased it. Got the serial number, activated it, got the download credentials. Problem is, I couldn't download the software - the username and password wouldn't work. Of course, I couldn't get help from Customer Assistance on the weekend, so I couldn't get the work done. Wasted a bunch of time...

Anyway, in a desperate grasp at anything that would get this installed, I tried the download with the same credentials on a system running XP. It worked fine.

So, the computer on which I wanted to install this (a new system with 64-bit Windows 7) would not take the username and password, but my old XP machine would.

Anybody want to weigh in on this?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. rollers

rollers Registered Member

I am running windows 7 64 bit. I generally use ei8 but I have exactly the same problem, no matter what I try, I cannot download the software with ie8.
    To get around this I have installed firefox, latest version and the download works perfectly. Personally I think it is some strange quirk with ie8. Give firefox a try and let us know if that works.

Rollers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.