Download Express reported as virus

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by nonesuch, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonesuch

nonesuch Registered Member

Hi,
    I have been using NOD32 for a couple of years now and have never run across this. Download Express has just been updated. When I try to download the installer NOD32 tags it as a "probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus" and moves it to quarantine. I have submitted the file for analysis. I have attempted to download the file from numerous locations with the same results.

What do I do now? Wait for NOD32 to analyze the file? Report this to Download Express which I have done in their forum? I just don't know what to do now. I can't imagine that it is a virus.

Thank you,
    G. T.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello ! Welcome to the forum !

Probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus is heuristic detection made by emulating the file in virtual environment . NOD has found something suspicious inside this because something acts like a malware (although it might not be a real one) . Just to be sure , you need to send the sample and details to ESET Threat Lab , mail samples[at]eset.com . You may also include a link to this thread :thumb:

3. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

I'm sure it is an FP
    The latest Massdownloader does not have any problems with Nod32

Eset will soon sort it out

4. nonesuch

nonesuch Registered Member

This morning I was able to download and install Download Express with no problem from NOD32. NOD32 must have fixed this in its last update.

Thank you for the good advice. I will know what to do next time something like this happens.

G. T.

5. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

Eset hate FP's
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.