downgrade renewal to nod 32

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stratoc, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

hello, anyway to do this without losing service? i have a smart license until the 18th, i want to renew antivirus only but the renewal options are only to add more years/ computers.
    thanks

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

18th ? 18th what ? September ? This year ?

As long as your license is active and if it is for ESS , you can use whatever Windows Home version product you want (ESS , EAV or NOD32 v2) .

When your license is about to expire and you do NOT wish to use ESS but only EAV , you can of course renew your license for EAV only. Just contact ESET Sales Dept. or your local ESET reseller/representative.

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

the next 18th. having found out the av uses as much ram as smart have decided not to renew at all.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Very strange decision of yours.

I have a license for ESS and often change between EAV+WF or just ESS

ESET products are one of the lightest out there , if not the lightest . On my Vista computer , ESS now takes just 13 Mb RAM (note this is AV , AS , firewall and antispam) . If that is much , I don't know what to say for other antivirus programs

Attached Files:

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

mine is very similar on idle or with a browser open. however with games or rendering programs the ram usage can go up to 70k,i have never had the 100/% cpu thing, but it's often around 5/10 % i use vipre on vista, i dont know how secure this is but uses less than 10k never any cpu use, and kis 8 on xp never goes above 30k (the suite)
    every new version of nod seems to use more and more, the competition is advancing incredibly quickly, and i first bought nod 2.7 because of it's resource use.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It should be the opposite . The more you use other applications , the less RAM NOD32 shall use.

7. stratoc

stratoc Guest

so i thought, must be something it doesnt like about my laptop, never mind not a problem.

8. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Registered Member

Mine is never that low. At the moment it's running at egui.exe 2232K and ekrn.exe 53488K.

That's not a problem for me because I previously used ZA Internet Security Suite so it's quite light in comparrison.

9. stratoc

stratoc Guest

ess/eav v3 do seem to perform very differently on different systems, i only ever have 1 security program running and bare minimum background programs so it's not a conflict.

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Actually it should be a problem . Perhaps the program is in conflict with some other application or remnant of previous security application .

11. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Registered Member

Really. I did a complete uninstall of Zone Alarm and there's nothing left on my system. I do have a number of other anti-spyware programs installed (Spybot, Superantispyware and MalwareBytes) but none of these are offering real-time protection. I only use them as on-demand scanners (slightly paranoid about spyware and virus infections).

Could this be why the RAM usage is slightly higher?

12. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I use Eset on my server computer at Idle it sits at around 20meg when in full bore use that Number can jump into the 80's if not a little higher. not its not conflicting its a fresh install of Server 2008 and this is NORMAL because it has never changed on any of my computers it bounces up to 80Meg on my main system why browsing. when I had all my computers Eset that was my main complaint.

13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@ Fajo

I have never noticed such behaviour on my computers or on any client . Even now , it is a bit lower than yesterday

ekrn.png

Anyway , I don't mean you lie , just say what I have found.

14. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I'm not worried about being called a Lier. :argh: other people have this problem also not just me. If I have time tomorrow Ill take a screenshot of the server's Eset is running on and post it. Also it was quite common on all 5 of my personal computers to do the same thing before I uninstalled it. :cool:

15. Motherroad

Motherroad Registered Member

How can I downgrade to just the AV? When I try to download from the Eset site my information does not register with the AV alone. The message says the information is not good with that product.

16. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.