Doubts with EWIDO

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by pepeaida, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepeaida

pepeaida Registered Member

I just recently installed EWIDO, my biggest doubt is when trying to scan, even if I pick up quick scan..it takes ages to scan memory..it goes scanning as much as 1/2 million files...yes u read it right..never goes beyond 14.7 % of scan...after 1 hour I decided to stop scan. It scans the registry ok, but besides that, it starts but never finishes.
    I have as OS W x64....any idea how long the average scan should take in minutes.... my PC resources are 95 % free..I only use it for Internet browsing and couple of online games....Ahhh some times a pop up warns about a second driver of ewildo not loading at start up..
    Please advise Tks
    o_O

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

For me its scan is pretty quick. For me a-squared was so slow that I removed it ultimately.

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Ewido is not x64 compatible, it just ends up scanning in a loop as you experienced.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Sorry i missed 64 bit information. BTW, it,s new for em taht Ewido does not run on 64 bit.

5. pepeaida

pepeaida Registered Member

Thanks all for your quick response to my querry...Sadly I uninstalled it, but I downloaded the Beta online scanner and that one seems to work OK, so I will live with the Beta till EWIDO tweaks the reg. version to handle Wx64 OS.
    Keep up the good work, my compliments to all....
    Pepe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.