Doubt with Acronis True Image 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Alexandr, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexandr

Alexandr Registered Member

Its known that ATI 10 backups all your mails and contacts of Outlook... but what if I have Mozilla Thunderbird... will it work? o_O

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alexandr,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please have a look at this previous post of mine that answers your question.

While Mozilla Thunderbird is not included into the list of supported e-mail clients you can create image of the entire hard drive/partition, which includes the operating system, registry, drivers, software applications and data files, as well as system areas hidden from the user. If necessary, you will be able to restore the whole system or only separate files/folder using this image archive.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Aleksandr,

I think you are possibly shooting yourself in the foot here.

You seem to be arguing that it is not a problem if ATI does not support backing up of any individual application, because the user can always create an image of the partition upon which it is installed. If not supporting backup of an application is not a problem, then I am having trouble reconciling why your marketing literature claims this feature to be of use.

You seem to be arguing that the feature is not needed.

F.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I think he was just offering an alternative in this case where the particular program was not one of hte one supported by mail-backup feature.

sh

5. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi shieber

yeah I realise that, but then we already knew that if you backup a partition with an application installed on it, you backup the application. I'm not sure what the post is trying to achieve.

F.

6. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

Id gather that hard coded into ATI is the default storage location of Outlook Express but not Thunderbird. Id wonder however if youv'e changed the default storage location in either ap, if the answer he just supplied means, designate that folder and your backing up your email

thunderbird > Tools > Account settings > Message Storage > Default location
    which you can either alter or point to as a backup target for ATI

7. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hello,

In ATI Home 10.0, you can simply create a manual task (not scheduled), and select folders to backup (using Backup -> My Data).

For Mozilla Thunderbird, I think to at least "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURACCOUNT\Application Data\Thunderbird" and of course the folder where you installed it, for instance "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird".
    If you store your email databases elsewhere, do not forget to add this folder too (in Thunderbird you can see it under Tools -> Account settings -> Server options -> local folder).

Now, everytime you will run this task, you will save your mail client and settings. Of course this way does not include registry settings if any, but in case of disaster you can reinstall Thunderbird, and overwrite it by restoring your backup.

Regards,
    gkweb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.