dos commands

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Merijn V.D.Abeele, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I'm testing TrueImage 8 to see if the product is right for us. Making and restoring an image in windows is well documented, but is it possible to create an unattended bootable CD/DVD to restore an image? I've found that the server version takes command line arguments but it's a win32 console app. I think we need a dos version for this.

Has anybody done this before?

Best regards,
    Merijn

2. roninator

roninator Guest

I'm currently working on the problem. i got a windows 98 bootable disk on a cd with the first volume of my backup. 650mb cd image. had to get a dos4g file to run the acronis dos command program in ver 8 corporate. trueimagecmddos.exe which i renamed for dos 8.3 filename. ran it from dos but always get a "failed to open image archive" error. my command is as follows

dos4g.exe image.exe /deploy /harddisk:1 /filename:10feb051.tib /reboot

i called it 10feb05 and it added the 1. i tried every variation of the command but it will not open.

if i cannot get it working then it will be scrapped for something that works. which is unfortunate. i sort of like the bootable cd interface.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Merijn and roninator,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We regret to inform you that current version of Acronis True Image doesn't support scripting when you boot from Acronis Bootable CD. However if you use Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server or Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation you may schedule image of the remote computers creation.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software please feel free to ask on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.