Don't throw your NOD32 out just yet!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ratchet, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

:D

You know, my Grandpa told me years ago "Every morning a new moron is waking up in this world". I thought for years he is one of them himself. .. HOWEVER, during the last years i noticed that his statement was a nice and polite attempt to say: "Too much internet and communication, including but not limited to internet forums, is turning people into morons." And hell yes, he's right!

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i agree with that.
    i tryed to avoid the 5 page thread about nod32 is being rubbish now because i knew it was a fud thread and wondered why a mod didnt close it.
    i try out different av's on my test pc.
    but my main pc will have kis on it for year to come.
    lodore

3. TJP

TJP Registered Member

Mata, no worries..I apologise for my quip at the beginning of my original response.

Like yourself, I don't want to be a "keyboard warrior" i.e be seen as posting abuse at forum members because of their opinions.

By the way, your English is a lot better than my Spanish :D :thumb:

Hasta pronto!

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I couldn't agree more. I think Nod is still great without any doubts. it has caught more than 30 (thirty) nasties in one month and after checking with Kaspersky afterwards if anything was missed, the results were always ' no malware found'.

I like to think a lot of posters are fairly bored with the lack of real action and look at virus tests as if they were the real answers to their paranoia.

There seems to be a new negative trend against Eset based on results from tests. To change ONLY because of these results it is unfair IMO.

5. TJP

TJP Registered Member

Norton AV products were installed on my various PC's before I changed to Eset.

I can honestly say that I never had a single issue regarding missed virii or other nasties when using a Symantec product.

What I did take issue with was the difficulty in uninstalling the program & the RAM/CPU usage with older versions. As I understand it, this has changed for the better with the latest versions.

I think I may have commandeered this thread with my ramblings :oops:. I'm signing off!![FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Been looking for a new AV before those test's.Tried a few before deciding on Avira,which still might change if it gives me any problems. But so far I like it.Sorry if my changing AV's has angered you.{dam smileys still not working)
    For the record nod doesn't suck,it's a good AV,I just needed a change.My own reasons.

7. TJP

TJP Registered Member

You wiseguy...:D

I'm certainly not angry at people changing from Nod32, I just wanted to inject some balance into the postings within this thread.

Actually, the more people change AV's and report back what is great about program X & the issues they've encounter is a direct benefit to me because it weeds out the "dud" trial software that I might otherwise install when my Nod32 subscription runs out next April.

How's that for a selfish attitude, everyone else do all the grunt work & I'll weed out the good from the bad :)

Glad to read Avira is working out for you. It's a great program from what I've read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.