Don´t starts in Virual PC

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LeonID, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeonID

LeonID Guest

Hi!
    I´m testing True Image on 2 MS Virtual PCs with Win 2003. I have planned to start imaging on both PCs at the same time to a network disk (on the third PC), but it has startet only on 1 PC and on the other there was not started without any error message. I have tested a lot of times, it starts on the PC, that is the first to be started or on the PC that just starts first (sometimes the one, sometimes the other). I have planned to start the second after the first imaging is finished, but the result was the same. When I start imaging at the same time manually - it`s working.
    We were planning to buy True Image to use it with Virtual PC (Server), but now...

2. LeonID

LeonID Guest

Can anybody answer?
    My new experiments: from 4 tasks 3 were made with 1 server (2 times 1, 1 time another) and 1 time - with both. Mystery...

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello LeonID,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Please make sure the image files you are trying to create are different so that they can be created both. Also could you please describe the details of the scheduled tasks?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. if you can afford downtime, surely an eaier way is to shut down the virtual servers, and just backup the .vhd files that are the virtual hard disk - you don't need a drive imager for that.

5. LeonID

LeonID Guest

Yes, sure. But I?d like to TEST a DRIVE imaging.
    Surely the image files are different.

Details Server 1:
    Incremental Backup: Whole hard disk drive 1 (C:)
    to: \\Server02\Backup\Server03.tib
    Scheduled: At 18:00:00 every day
    The operation comleted successfully

Details Server 2:
    Incremental backup: Whole hard disk drive 1 (C:)
    to: \\Server02\Backup\Server2003.tib
    Scheduled: At 18:00:00 every day
    The operation completed successfully

You see, the first made imaging not. Both computers were on. The next imaging at 23:50 was made on both. I don´t know, sometimes it starts on both, sometimes not.
    I´m writing this words, for 12:00 was scheduled one more imaging. It was started only on the first server... On the second: no backup started, although "Scheduled at 12:00:00 every day"

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello LeonID,

Could you please do the following on your both computers:

- Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Send the created schedreport.txt files to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.