Don't Laugh, An IncrediMail Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Graystoke, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I'm sure some people will be rolling their eys, and I'll probably be trashed for saying this, but I use Incredimail.

Ok, now that I've got that out of the way, here's the problem. I upgraded to the latest version of Incredimail. I found out that what used to be free is no longer free, namely their Junk E-mail Filter. I can't see paying a yearly fee of $39 dollars, when it is offered free in the older versions.

Last night I uninstalled the latest version, cleared everything out, and installed the last version that offered the junk e-mail filter for free. Everything was ok until I tried to send an e-mail. I couldn't send or receive e-mail with the older version installed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling three times, with no luck. I finally did a system restore to before I started this whole process.

Anyone have any ideas what could cause this problem? I used to use this particular version prior to installing the latest, without any problems at all. I don't really want to ask Incredimail's tech support, because I know they'll try to convince me to stay with the latest version.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  2. norky

norky Registered Member

I see you on dslr!

Were there any error messages?

3. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

No. No error messages. I allowed all Incredimail functions through my firewall. I even tried shutting down my firewall and AV. That didn't help either.

4. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

I can't answer your qustion but at soon as I tried to get past Incredimail's home page (click here) I got a pop up warning from Avira.

Virus or unwanted program 'DR/Dldr.ImLoader.N [dropper]'
    detected in file 'D:\User\Mozilla\Firefox\Cache\53965C2Bd01.
    Action performed: Deny access

5. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Hello Graystoke !!!

If your DEP ( Data Execution Prevention ) is active for all processes ( have you on Boot.ini : =OptOut )...

... yet in the DEP : Enable for all programs EXCEPT : IncrediMail Application, IncrediMail Notifier, IncrediMail Tray Application ... APPLY.

... nothing, nothing ... so that you are happy ...

Your PROROOTECT ( Beta )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.