Don’t Give Away Historic Details About Yourself

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ronjor, Apr 9, 2018.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2018/04/dont-give-away-historic-details-about-yourself/

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

I can't speak for anyone else here but I bet lots of Wilder's members are the same as me. When I provide the answers to "secret questions" on websites where I must do so to register, I never use common sense accurate answers. I make up long answers with numbers and code and such. I log those into my "password management" scheme and those are what are used to gain access. If my first pet's name was "spot" who would be dumb enough to use spot on a website. Most would ----- truly unfortunate.

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I do similar. Those secret questions are way to easy and answers can be found or guessed if you use real ones.

4. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

For me, both identities and histories are fictional ;)

5. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

DNA genetic testing. Historic Details About Yourself indeed.

6. Infected

Infected Registered Member

For me also...

7. deBoetie

deBoetie Registered Member

Indeed, several of the companies involved with relatively-cheap DNA testing have found it in their hearts to share the data on the market.

There are many other nefarious uses of surveys, including disreputable political ones, soliciting financial information, and, sadly, nominally reputable research surveys from universities pursuing a fairly obviously biased ideological stance very far from scientific. Internet surveys are almost certainly not in that category, as its impossible to avoid bias. The answer of course, as noted above, is either to not-respond, or provide random drivel, though I guess the latter marks you out as a Wilder's member!

As a thought for the day, much of our real-life remembered history is post-hoc confabulation, we "remember" stuff that simply ain't so, or is sort-of true. However, we are much more reliable in terms of maintaining our current persona and perhaps this is what enables us to maintain several of them according to need! I am a kind, beneficent, truthful, law-abiding citizen, honestly. Except when I answer what my non-existent dog's name is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.