doing my first amd build in years with amd cpu...

Discussion in 'hardware' started by zfactor, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

as more of a budget system in comparison to intel's i7 2600k this will be in use as a htpc but a higher end one and will perform more than just htpc duties it will do everything else as well like convertxtodvd use internet browsing and some gaming but gaming will def not be its main use.

i decided to play with a amd system this time around especially since bulldozer is due out very soon. i know ill get a am3+ board so i can run a newer bulldozer chip at that time but.... im torn now between a 1100t and a 965/975/980 quad as well.

for those into amd which would you use and why...thanks

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

take a cheap cpu if you willing to change to bulldozer soon
    if not get the Best for the money

for me i Love this cpu 1055t

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i may not change right away till i see more tests and then it will be a question of how much more will i gain for the price. if bulldozer ends up costing say 400$ or something i will wait till prices drop down on them so this chip will end up in use for a while in that case. i just dont know if for everyday things the extras 2 cores will benefit me at all vs the say the 980 or 975 which are cheaper by about 30-40$ from some prices i have found.

if i go six core ill go 1090t or 1100t...

4. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

if your not very rushed to buy it

wait another little

because even if the bulldozer price was high current cpu prices will drop
    :)

5. cozumel

cozumel Registered Member

Problem with that is that since hardware moves forward so quickly by the time you've waited something faster and better is just around the corner...and then you have to wait some more...and the thing will never get built lol :D

@zfactor - just get the best bang for buck for now until bulldozer available as Ranget says above

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.