Does zone alarm suck

Discussion in 'polls' started by Mr.Blaze, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

oh yeah i for got to kick the donky lol smite thee donky lol

2. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

hmmmmmmm so which the best fire wall LooknStop?Kerio?Visnetic any body here got and advice or experince with these 3 fire walls i like to know which ones the best of the 3

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

All I can say is from my experience with both firewalls:The only complaint I have with ZA is the uninstall issue.Other than that,I liked it.As a newbie I needed something.ZA did it's job for me.Do I think it is the best free firewall?No.I use and prefer Sygate 5.0 free version.I can't condemn Zone Labs for some of the problems that I had regarding it's installation/uninstallation.For me personally,it was more a matter of inexperience or savvy.Or you could accurately call it human error on my part.LOL

4. parkersxs

parkersxs Registered Member

I use ZA pro, Sygate pro, and Tiny pro ( not all at once of course ). From a security standpoint they all do a fine job. If you comb through ZA there are a lot of things it allows you to configure. I guess if I had to pick just one it would probably be Sygate pro. Tiny pro, even though it is an excellent firewall, caused some things to crash and I had a Helluva time removing it. I see it has been upgraded and I'll probably give it another shot soon. Nothing wrong with ZA here!

5. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Well... I see this thread is digressing :(

Blaze and Checkout, I like you both, I won't pick sides here, but I tell you both now: LAY OFF

Blaze: if you want to post polls, name them appropriately or I will delete them. ZA is not my favorite but it has its strengths. If you have aproblem with it, don't use it. You have exausted this topic. enough already.

Checkout: It is the policy of this board to not condone personal attacks. No exception will be made here. Use PM if you have a problem with another member. no more

If either of you or anyone else needs clarification on this PM me. DO NOT just make a new "I am still mad" thread or I will delete it.

This thread had outlived its usefullness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.