Does your PC meet these Hardware requirements for BitLocker Drive Encryption?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Escalader, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

I recently had a struggle with Dell regarding my new Studio 17 i7 64 bit windows 7 ultimate. I have lost the struggle.

It seems Dell doesn't allow their customers to have the TPM chip/feature on any of their new/current models. This machine was made in China for Dell. China has banned the TPM feature.

Does anybody else know if any of the primary vendors do let customers have the TPM? IBM? HP etc?

2. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

HP offers it on notebooks, servers, etc.

Both HP and IBM are part of the Trusted Computing Group alliance, along with Microsoft, Intel, and AMD. The TPM spec is the work of the TCG.

Whoever told you that TPM is banned in China is quite mistaken.

Trusted Computing Group Forms Greater China Regional Forum to Promote TCG Standards and Adoption of Trusted Computing

See also: Sinosun Technology (China)

3. box750

box750 Registered Member

4. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

When I asked Dell support why they didn't provide the TPM chip they refused to answer saying that this policy was above their pay grade.

Prior to that, they were providing all sorts of information advocating the security advantages of TPM.

What my OP was asking for was vendors who DO provide it.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.