Does WSA work differently on lua ?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by ReverseGear, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

I have 2 accounts on my pc - one me the administrator and one other lua account
    Now when i was on the lua account and opened a doc file [ i have kingsoft office installed ] it took nearly 5 minutes for the program to open
    Same with chrome - when i opened chrome on lua it took more than double the time it took to launch on administrator account
    [Talking about first time execution - second time is lightening fast]
    So does it work differently in lua which causes these long times ?

2. Zorak

Zorak Registered Member

My experience on a machine with multiple accounts is that the slowdowns occur following any log-off/log-on procedure. It doesn't matter whether you are in an administrator or standard user account, when a new account logs-on following a previous log-off(or even if the same account logs-on again), any program which generates on-execution scans loads very slowly. This usually applies to programs run for the first time, or run following an update.

I have found if WRSA is shut-down and then restarted, the problem is solved until another log-off/log-on occurs.

I have worked with Webroot Support on this and they have reproduced the problem but haven't come up with a fix yet.

3. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Spo its a known issue .. thanx for replying

4. Zorak

Zorak Registered Member

You're welcome! Let's hope Version 8.0.2 which is supposed to be released in a day or two fixes things.

P.S. I like your avatar ;)

5. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Its officialy out - will have to wait for update
    thanx :D

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

FYI. When I used WSA the last time I used it under a LUA and it worked just fine, that was on XP SP3 though :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.