Does tor or total net shield do this?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by idontknowtech, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idontknowtech

idontknowtech Registered Member

Say I have a program like kazaa on my computer, and I download a video. Do either of these anonymizers hide what is being downloaded or do these anonymizers only pertain to internet content like web surfing?

thx

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

With Tor, in theory any application can be configured to use it by being "Socksified" (using the likes of SocksCap or FreeCap to launch it). However with Tor, traffic is routed via 3 nodes meaning that the total traffic load is quadrupled - i.e. someone routing a 100MB download via Tor is placing a 400MB load on the network, and on those volunteering to act as servers.

As such, it is considered impolite to use Tor for such purposes (and few nodes will have exit policies permitting P2P software for this reason).

Anonymizer Total Net Shield should be able to accommodate any application also but I have no familiarity with it - you should contact Anonymizer themselves for details if you don't find their instructions enough help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.