does TI 8 modify boot.ini?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by titester, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titester

titester Guest

As a test of TI 8, I imaged a primary partition with a copy of XP installed on it from my working partition, quick formatted that partition and restored the image to it. Very straightforward test because my earlier tests on two different machines failed and left my machine unbootable. I didn't change the drive letter, the filesystem type or the partition size. And I didn't install the Recovery Manager.

When I rebooted, I chose the restored OS installation from the bootloader, which then booted yet another OS installation on my machine on a different partition. Upon examining the boot.ini of my working OS (which is in the active partition), I noticed that the boot.ini file had been modified around the time TI 8 was doing the restore. In particular, the partition number associated with the restored OS installation was changed.

Does TI 8 modify the boot.ini, and if so, what other changes does it make. Better documentation regarding how TI modifies your system in the imaging/restoration process would be helpful.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.