Does the latest TI support bootable dvd's?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pkatta, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pkatta

pkatta Registered Member

Hello,
    Does the latest TI support bootable DVD's? I am trying to decide if I should buy TI or Nero 7.

Thanks,
    Pkatta

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I see you had difficulties earlier with 8 - did you ever follow up on this?

3. pkatta

pkatta Registered Member

I was trying out the trial version of 8.0. I gave up because support did not resolve the issue that another guy was having also. I didn't see much point in pursuing it further. I ended up buying norton ghost for that machine.

I got a new machine that I am looking for a backup solution for. Thought I'd find out before going out and buying nero 7. For almost the same price as TI I get the backup features and also a whole lot more with nero.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pkatta,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I am regret to inform you that Acronis True Image 9.0 cannot create a bootable DVD, we will certainly implement it in future.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Pkatta,

This thread titled <How to create bootable rescue DVD(s)> might enable you to satisfy your requirement. For TI 9.0 you can use either wdormanns original WinISO procedure, my updated version of it or the latest UltraISO procedure that I posted at #171 of that thread.

Regards

6. pkatta

pkatta Registered Member

Why would I go buy another software(like UltraISO) just so that I can use TI? Especially where there is software available that will do backup and much more for the same price......

I like TI enough that I keep coming back to ask about the features that matter most to me. However unless there is free software that I can use to work around TI limitations I don't see much point in having to pay TI and for another piece of software...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.