Does TDS-3 cause you any Hang-Ups?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by ecordle, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ecordle

ecordle Registered Member

Hi, Can Anyone help? o_O

I have just downloaded DLExpert, then TDS-3.
    After Installing them I could connect to the internet but could NOT connect to a single site. I think because it was 'timed out'
    :mad:
    I had to do a system restore, after which I can access the internet freely.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what caused the problem? and is it safe to install the programs again?

Thanks ;)
    Ed

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

TDS has nothing to do with internet connectivity, and doesn't install a driver which could affect this. You may need to look at LSPFix if that new program installed a driver known as a LSP driver. Do a search in the Port Explorer forum for details on LSPFix

Perhaps you have installed Port Explorer and the program you are using is incompatible with it - meaning like some other programs it doesn't do what its supposed to do as a LSP (PE does). To resolve this you could try

a) Uninstall PE and reboot
    b) Install your other program and reboot

should have internet connection still

c) Install PE again and reboot

should have internet connection still.. if not, try LSPFix however it sounds like another one of those misbehaving LSPs :(

3. ecordle

Hi Gavin :)

Thanks for the advice. Sorry, I wasn't trying to blame TDS-3, Just wondered if there was a clash or something.

To be honest, I am a REAL 'NEWBIE' :eek:!!! So I don't know anything about Port Explorer or LSP Drivers ... YET! - I'm sure I'll learn. :doubt:

I will go and find out but in the meantime, any hints to help me on my way would be very much apreciated!!!

Thanks. Ed ;)

P.S. Norton Alert tracker keeps telling me it has blocked Stealth UDP port access by syshost.exe, and by 'my computer name', could this be any indication of the problem?

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

SYSHOST.EXE ? or are you mistaking the name. If you have a SYSHOST.EXE, send it to submit@diamondcs.com.au since it is probably a trojan

The software you installed which caused you to not be able to visit sites may need configuring, or you could email them for help :)

5. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

IF you have SYSHOST.EXE, you should examine these two links from Symantec:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.francette.worm.html

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sober@mm.html

6. ecordle

Thanks for the advice, ;)

I found I did have a trojan or two!!
    (Norton obviously wasn't doing it's job... as I suspected!!) :mad:
    I removed the Trojan and the file syshost.exe has gone, so thanks again for the advice which alerted me to the problem!!
    I should have sent the file to diamondcs first just to check but I guess it doesn't matter now it has gone!!!
    One more question, there was a trojan flagged in the Norton files itself, is this likely to be a false flag or a genuine trojan?? has anyone any experience of this?

Gratefully

Ed

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Ed, submitting suspicious files like Gavin is asking is to see if there are possible variants or other detections added or possible, which is for the internet community as a whole.
    Certainly in cases where the one scanner does not agree with another one it's higly advisable to send them in and wheer possible with the comments you have.
    Good that you are clean and all seems to be working again.
    Zip the norton file and send it in too. You might be infected still. submit@diamondcs.com.au
    Please. thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.