does spywareblaster protect all users accounts on xp

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by nemmisa, Jun 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nemmisa

nemmisa Registered Member

i would just like to say i love spywareblaster i have recommended it to a Friend who has just got a new computer they have 4 users accounts will it protect all of their accounts
    thanks

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi nemmisa,

Welcome to Wilders Security Forums!

Well, the answer is actually yes and no. ;)

The primary protective function in SpywareBlaster (the kill-bits on the dangerous ActiveX controls) work globally on a system for all users when they've been set once by any admin level user.

The second protection, the spyware cookies, needs to be set for each user individually. The system snapshot feature is also done "by user".

I hope this helps,
    LowWaterMark

3. nemmisa

nemmisa Registered Member

Re:does separabilities protect all users accounts on xp

hi thank you for your quick reply i thought it must protect all users as it uses the registry just another quick question sorry for sounding thick. when i install it will it install into all users accounts or just the account i am loged into how could the other users use the system snapshot function if they don't have the program in start menu
    thank you nemmisa

4. Tired

Tired Registered Member

Thanks for posting that question nemisa, I was wondering the same thing myself.
    I have 2 accounts on winXPpro; business and personal and I switch between them all the time. I am running several apps and have the same question about them.
    It is easy to see that my AV is running because of the icon but the others are not that obvious, and well, I was a bit shy to ask.
    So I will wait for a reply with you. :)

Tracy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.