Does SpywareBlaster block ActiveX for FireFox ?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by D10_Omega, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D10_Omega

D10_Omega Registered Member

Hi,
    This is my first post here in this reputable forum...

I have a question to ask:
    ==> In SpywareBlaster's main window, I can see protection against bad ActiveX controls for IE but only cookie blocking for Mozilla FireFox (I have FireFox v1.0)...

==> Although Mozilla FireFox does not support ActiveX in the default installation, there's a step-by-step guide that allows FireFox via a plugin to run ActiveX controls (eg: Windows Media Player...)

==> Does any protection applied via SpywareBlaster to IE against bad ActiveX controls apply to FireFox (since the plug-in invokes Microsoft DLLs to support ActiveX..) ?

Second Question:
    ==> What do I expect to see when a site tries to install a bad ActiveX control on my machine and it gets blocked? Is IE supposed to crash because that's what happens to me...

Thanks for the great program and for any co-operation...

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Welcome to Wilders and the SpywareBlaster Forum [​IMG]

While I do not have a defenitive yes or no answer....I'll say that unless Firefox uses the same registry key to store ActiveX clsid's(HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Application Compatibility) as IE....the answer is no.

3. D10_Omega

D10_Omega Registered Member

Thanks for the information....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.