Does SpywareBlaster block ActiveX for FireFox ?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by D10_Omega, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D10_Omega

D10_Omega Registered Member

Hi,
    This is my first post here in this reputable forum...

I have a question to ask:
    ==> In SpywareBlaster's main window, I can see protection against bad ActiveX controls for IE but only cookie blocking for Mozilla FireFox (I have FireFox v1.0)...

==> Although Mozilla FireFox does not support ActiveX in the default installation, there's a step-by-step guide that allows FireFox via a plugin to run ActiveX controls (eg: Windows Media Player...)

==> Does any protection applied via SpywareBlaster to IE against bad ActiveX controls apply to FireFox (since the plug-in invokes Microsoft DLLs to support ActiveX..) ?

Second Question:
    ==> What do I expect to see when a site tries to install a bad ActiveX control on my machine and it gets blocked? Is IE supposed to crash because that's what happens to me...

Thanks for the great program and for any co-operation...

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Welcome to Wilders and the SpywareBlaster Forum [​IMG]

While I do not have a defenitive yes or no answer....I'll say that unless Firefox uses the same registry key to store ActiveX clsid's(HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Application Compatibility) as IE....the answer is no.

3. D10_Omega

D10_Omega Registered Member

Thanks for the information....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.