Does Service Pack 2 slow you down?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dober, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dober

dober Guest

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

On my system, no. Runs as well as ever.

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i think it slows my computer a very small amount, but i have an awful computer. if you have just installed SP2 you may need to defrag :)

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Startup and shutdown seem to take a little longer now, probably because of more services running, but otherwise I haven't noticed any difference.

5. k0nsl

k0nsl Registered Member

I experianced a slight increase in my performance, even though I installed it onto my current system which had all the updates and previous Service Pack. I have not experianced one bad thing yet.

I can also highly recommend X-Setup Pro with which you can change a lot of settings to increase your performance and also get rid of some annoyances.

//http://www.x-setup.net/

-k0nsl

6. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

It's performimg a little better (I think). But a great improve of my LAN. (must have been different settings in the past I used :doubt:)

7. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Yeah, me too, my system seems to be performing better with SP2.

8. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

My system is working fine with SP2 plus I feel it optimises the services a lot better than SP1 did (I certainly don't notice any slow down) I am running XP Pro SP2 - even my laptop is working very well with SP2 installed. Any 'teething' problems I had were sorted by re-configuring my services some of which I had disabled with SP1 needed to be enabled :rolleyes:

9. dober

dober Guest

Hi every one
    the thread was an info to all (see the link provided) and was not a question. sorry and thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.